The 2011 Bridgestone Invitational generated over $875,000 that was distributed to charitable efforts throughout Northeast Ohio.
These proceeds come directly from hospitality and ticket sales as well as the Tickets Fore Charity and Birdies for Charity programs.
Through professional golf at Firestone Country Club, Northern Ohio Golf Charities has distributed over $21 million to worthy causes throughout the region. This tradition of giving continues with proceeds from the World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational.
These funds are distributed through the event's partner, Northern Ohio Golf Charities.
For more information and to find out how to submit a grant request, log on to http://www.nogcf.org/.
2011 Northern Ohio Golf Charities Grant Recipients:
Akron General Development Foundation
Akron Regional Development Board
Barberton Area Community Ministries
Beacon Journal Charity Fund
Children's Hospital Women's Board
Coleman Professional Services
East Akron Neighborhood Development Corp.
Faith in Action Medina County
Family & Community Services, Inc.
Family Promise of Summit Co.
First Glance Student Center, Inc.
Golden Age Centers of Greater Cleveland
Good Neighbors, Inc.
Guardians Against Sex Predators
Hattie Larlham Foundation
Haven of Rest Ministries
International Soap Box Derby
Interval Brotherhood Home
Lutheran Family Services
MetroHealth Foundation, Inc.
Metro Parks Serving Summit County
National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Ohio Buckeye
Prescription Assistance Network of Stark County
Rebuilding Together Greater Cuyahoga Valley
Refuge of Hope Ministries
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeastern Ohio
Summa Akron City & St. Thomas Hospitals Foundation
Summit Housing Development Corp.
Tarry House, Incorporated
The First Tee of Akron
The First Tee of Canton
The First Tee of Cleveland
University Hospitals - Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
The World Golf Championships - Bridgestone Invitational is proud to once again introduce TICKETS Fore CHARITY: a unique fundraising initiative designed to raise funds for local non-profit organizationsin communities where PGA TOUR events are held. Charitbale organizations throughout Northeast Ohio will have the opportunity to promote the sale of tournament tickets to benefit their organization. 100% of the net proceeds from the ticket sales go to charity: 75 percent of the net proceeds will benefit the selling organization and the other 25 percent goes to the local chapters of The First Tee. For further information on how to get your charitable organization involved, please contact Dan Chelel at (201) 455-6082 or via email at email@example.com.